To keep your website safe and secure, it is incredibly important to make sure you keep it updated to protect the site from any threats. In order to do this you can take a look at the steps below to guide you:
1) Go to the login page of your WordPress site. This can be found by entering your domain followed by the addition "/admin", "/login" or "/wp-login.php" if it is a sub-directory. Therefore what you type into the search bar will be:
2) You will be redirected to this login page, where you will enter your details.
3) Once you have logged in, you will be presented with the dashboard page, and this menu will be on the left hand side of the page. Click the "Updates" option.
4) You will be brought to a page which has all of the available updates that your website needs, which will look like so:
5) Update the relevant options, and you're all done!
Maintaining the safety of your website may seem like a daunting task however with these easy steps you'll be able to update your site hassle free. If you have any questions regarding the maintenance and hosting of your WordPress website, don't hesitate to ask! Get in touch with us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.