As a small business it may be a daunting task trying to figure out How to design a good website.
Regardless of whether you are creating your business’ website for the first time, or needing to freshen up your current site, we have the list of essentials for you.
As a small business, you will need to be smarter with your website design, layout, and content in order to convert as many people as possible from visitor to customer. You do not have a reputation that carries your marketing for you, therefore your website needs to be fool proof in order to successfully gain customers.
If you want to develop your website into a customer generating super machine, keep reading!
How to design a good website The Essentials:
- Easy to remember domain name, usually your business name, but keep it short and snappy.
- Your logo is EVERYTHING to your brand, ensure it is within the header.
- Develop a tag line that embodies what your business stands for in as little words as possible, make it as easy to remember as possible.
- Clear and easy to use navigation bar.
This is the part of your website that is displayed without needing to scroll down. Try including:
- Something to show off your unique selling point, e.g. image or carousel.
- Testimonials/reviews/client names as this allows the appearance of a trustworthy company.
- Call-to-action e.g. contact us, download offer, redeem discount etc.
This is the part of your website after scrolling down on the homepage. Try including:
- Featured products/services. Choose your best niche or most popular product/service.
- Links to other helpful pages on the website such as blog.
- Contact info.
- Social media links.
- Newsletters sign up.
- Menu - another version of your navigation bar to make it as simple for users are possible to progress through your site.
- Any terms & conditions, privacy policies and lawful information you need to provide.
- A blog
- About us page
- Contact page
You can always tweak inner content as necessary
Ensure the entire website is responsive in order to appear on any device without error. In 2018, it was found that 48% of users use their smartphone to surf the net, 24% use their laptop, and 15% use their tablet (Statista), ensure you are not limiting your customers by only being responsive to one device.
These are only the essentials for your website, there are so many more additions that can be made to truly grow and develop your small business. Hopefully this has given you an insight into How to design a good website.