With the growth of Digital Marketing, more and more businesses are joining the train ride and spending more time in improving and regulating their online presence. These businesses look to become more SEO (Search Engine Optimization) when producing content so their work gets to the the reader. You may have the best webpage with amazing quality content but if no one reads it, there’s no point in it. In this post, I will go over the two aspects of Keywording and Quality content and how you can utilize these to increase the traffic of your web page and becoming more SEO.
What is Quality Content?
Quality content should be personalised for your business and be original and be relevant information for your readers. But what factors should you consider when creating this?
- Original Content - Originality is what keeps things fresh and exciting, your content should be regularly updated in order to keep your readers happy. On this topic, one of the key aspects of Inbound Marketing is ‘Adding Value for your customers’. What this means is, you are benefiting the customer through your content as they get to find out more about your products and services with the end goal of earning their business when they are ready.
Keep in touch with current trends also as this will prevent you from posting about outdated topics that everyone already knows about.
- Strong Headlines - This is an important one, did you know that 80% of People will read your head titles but only 20% of people will read what’s below that! So this is why it is important to create provoking titles that will draw the reader into your content. This can be done by using your keywords in your writing.
- Engaging the reader - Your Content shouldn’t be a list of boring statements and facts, keep it exciting! This can be through the use of anecdotes or questions. Humor is also something that can’t be overlooked, who doesn’t love a joke every now and then? Engaging the reader will keep them more interested in your work and allow them to retain more of the information as it will be more memorable.
- Image and Video - This is another important one as people are more attentive to videos in comparison to plaintext. Visual media also has an awesome ROI (Return of Investment), past studies from Hubspot studies have shown that for every 1$ you spend you get 43$ back meaning that visual media at that point had the potential of 4300%. Videos build trust and Google’s algorithm loves videos, in fact, they love it so much that some videos have even been found in some sections of Google’s image pages. Videos are more engaging (engaging even the lazy buyers), and this goes back to the fact that this will make your content more retainable in the viewer’s memory. Plus the possibilities of video are endless and you can make it more personalised for your business promotion.
Now that you understand the aspects of Video content, let’s talk about Keywording…
What is Keywording?
Keywording is an aspect of SEO that businesses utilize to help their websites and content appear higher on SERP (Search Engine Results Pages). Businesses look to secure keywords in order to get an edge over competitors in the digital market. But why? Securing these keywords allow your Business website to appear on top of SERP and increase your overall traffic to your website. The more traffic there is, the more chance of leads that might become potential customers!
So… How do I keyword effectively?
- Research your Audience - At this stage, you are at the beginning of your keyword research, look at what services and products your business offers and put yourself in the customer’s shoes. Ask yourself,
- How am I going to stand out apart from all the other competitors in your market?
- What are the unique aspects that I can use as my USP (Unique Selling Point)?
- Another key point is what keywords are the customers using when trying to search for your product?
Securing these keywords will allow your data to be more exposed to potential customers and increase your website traffic.
- Finding your Strengths and Weaknesses - Now that you have good general idea of your target audience, you have to prioritize what you are going to aim for. Looking at Long tailed keywords, you need to find which keywords are giving you an advantage and research which keywords are making your competitors more successful and what keyword they have not even though of yet.
Reflection will keep you from straying from your goal and give you an edge over others in your market. There are many tools on the internet that may help you with your keywording such as Google’s Keyword planner, you don’t have be stuck on the fact that you have to think of your own keywords, use the tools and resources available to give you a better insight of how you can boost your website’s success.
- Applying your data - Now that you have your keywords how will you apply them effectively?
- Focus on the keywords that will give you the most traffic and are more popular with search queries related to your business.
- Improving page titles, headlines, and meta descriptions will allow you to have a better CTR (click through rate) showing that viewers are actually interested in your content.
- Target viewers to content that will add value on your website, remember that you have to gain their trust and wait for their business when they are ready; targeting their attention to the correct places will allow you to maximize your conversion rates and overall sales from your website.
Now that you understand the various aspects of Keywording and Quality content go out there and succeed.
This blog post was written by work experience student Vincent Monterola.